OK, I admit it, I rushed out the last entry pertaining to Site5 and Fansided’s Holiday Season Charity Drive… only because I thought WVU D was going to get a load of sacks on that tool Tino Sunseri. Well, there were 2 sacks, and I said I’d donate $10/sack… so, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America is getting $20 from me, or are they?
I’ve decided to chip in a little more based on a few stats from the Rutgers game based on defensive stats, again…
- $5 for every defensive touchdown
- $4 for every INT
- $3 for every sack
- $2 for every Rutgers fumble recovered by WVU’s D
- $1 for every safety
If you wish to donate, whether it’s $5 or $25… the amount doesn’t matter, donate HERE. Site5/Fansided is currently at $720.00. Goal is $5,000.
Another part of this Charity Drive that the guys at Fansided asked us to discuss was some of the things we were thankful for, in and out of the sports world… so, after the jump, some things I’m thankful for…
- I’m thankful that the Mountaineers are in the thick of the Big East race… a month ago, I thought we were pretty much out. Nope… although, they’re going to have to rely on help from our friends in Tampa.
- I’m thankful that I’ve had the money to go to all the home games this year.
- Bob Huggins. That man has put WVU hoops on the “Next Level.” Enough said.
- Oliver Luck. I know he’s got some big decisions to make pertaining to the football team, let’s just hope he makes the right ones.
- Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd. My favorite NFL team is the Denver Broncos, and yes, I realize the team sucks, sitting at 3-8. However, shining moments this season are Orton being up there with the likes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, that jerk Phil Rivers, etc. Just like here in Morgantown with Bill Stewart, I think that the Broncos need to get rid of Josh McDaniels. One win doesn’t make a season… yes, it was nice to see the Kansas City Chefs get drubbed at Mile High, but, that was just a flash in the pan.
- The Atlanta Braves acquiring Dan Uggla… for once, Frank Wren does something right. Yes, it took giving up Omar Infante, but, Infante had an excellent year and may not have another good one. Plus, Uggla has shown interest in extending his deal with Atlanta. Fredi Gonzalez being the new manager is a complete Wild-Card… have no idea what he’s going to do. Gonzalez being named manager was the doing of none other than Wren and Bobby Cox. I have a feeling that was done before the season was over.
- Jason Heyward. This guy is going to help take the Braves places, and gave the team hope this past season… helped bring the Braves back to the Playoffs (although it was a 3-1 series loss to the eventual World Series Champs SF Giants) and has given this lifelong Braves fan hope of one day marking off “Going to a Braves World Series Game” off my bucket list.
- The San Antonio Spurs. Yes, they’re my favorite NBA team, and they are on a HOT streak right now! 14-2, top of the Western Conference, winning 9 out of their last 10… I think a return trip to San Antonio is in the works for me. Plus, Tim Duncan’s getting up there in years, and I’d like to see him win one more ring before he retires.
- Fantasy Football: Without fantasy football, I really wouldn’t give a flip about the NFL this season with the Broncos stinking up the league. My team has a chance to make the playoffs.
- My Family… yes, I know it’s cliche’, but, it’s damn true. My family has been there for me more times than I can count… and, even though sometimes I can be a pain in the ass, I’m thankful for them… when there were times my friends couldn’t come through, my family has.
- My roommate and his girlfriend… yes, they can be a pain in the ass (although rarely), they’re good to have around.
- My car that works… yes, I’m thankful to have a car that can operate near-perfectly, and is really good on gas.
- My dogs Princess and Ruff. I honestly love these dogs so much… it’s a shame I can’t bring them to Morgantown with me, even for a week. Stupid apartment complex rules.
- My 2 best buds back home in Parkersburg… you guys are honestly the greatest friends a person can have.
- Some of the new friends I’ve made this year… you all know who you are. Oh, and thanks for reading HailWV.com!
- “Two and a Half Men”… I absolutely love this show! I have the first 7 seasons on DVD. Anytime I’m having a down day, I always watch a few episodes of this show… I mean, honest to God, the show works on so many levels… Executive Producer Chuck Lorre seems to know how to make a perfect cast… which true, red-blooded, American Male would not want to live the life that Charlie Harper lives? Then, on the other hand, which true, red-blooded, American Male would even want to live the life that Alan Harper (Charlie’s brother) lives? I’m thankful that Charlie signed a contract to go 2 more seasons (this one and next fall.) Just stop hitting women, dude… that shit’s not cool.
- Beer. Mmm… beer. Just enjoy it (and all adult beverages) responsibly.
- Finally, I’m thankful for you, the HailWV.com reader. Without you, I wouldn’t update this site.
OK, now that I’ve gotten that out of the way… I realize that just scratches the surface… I have an awful lot to be thankful for, and I know you do, too. Having said that, not everyone does.
That’s why I’ll be donating some money to this drive, and I think you should too!